Friday, July 1, 2011

Susie Snapped

 A long time ago, in a far away place, okay more, like the week before I got married, I came up with a character named Susie Snapped. Susie was a play upon the typical house wife that can not cope with her new massive work load and responsibilities and sorta loses her mind as a result of her lack of help or coping skills. I had a series of her in different variations with little aprons over her straight jacket with a different expression on each face that hung with vintage aprons a clothes line for my surface design 1 project.

I'll admit I'm pretty much feeling like Susie these days with a full time job as an educator, finishing graduate school, being an artist, wife, and mother. I could use a vacation at club crazy like her occasionally if I didn't have the support I get sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment